Download the Important Camp Information document that outlines all of the info below.
A complete list will be sent with your confirmation packet but here are the basics.
Bring Each Day:
1. TOTE – A school bag or backpack labeled with Campers name.
2. LUNCH & DRINK – a healthy lunch and drink is needed each day
3. WATER BOTTLE (recyclable!)
4. HAT – it will be sunny and warm out a hat is always a good idea
5. LAYERS – sweatshirt/jacket; extra shorts or long pants in backpack
6. CAMERA – disposable camera is perfect – use a sharpie and write campers name on it.
Bring the First Day:
1. MESS KIT/DUNK BAG (which includes an unbreakable cup, plate, bowl and silverware in a mesh dish bag)
Dunk bags can be purchased at the Dollar Store, Target, etc. Lingerie bags work great as Dunk Bags. You can also purchase online here: Coleman Dunk Bag
2. T-SHIRT or PILLOW CASE – Each camper needs to bring one light colored t-shirt or pillow case. This will be used by your camper for a craft project at some point during the week. She should bring it with her on day one and plan on leaving it with the Unit leader until the craft time.
3. OTHER – other items as requested by individual unit leaders prior to camp. Your camper will be contacted by her unit leader and given any additional instructions needed for a successful week
Cookouts: Each unit will do a cookout once during the week you and your camper will be contacted prior to camp by the Unit Leader and you will be given additional information about special things that your camper needs to bring to camp.
Label everything with camper’s name.
Do NOT bring: Please NO cell phones, radios, iPods, electronics devices, expensive items, candy, gum or sugary snacks.
What to Wear
A dress code has been implemented to ensure the comfort and safety of all Girls Scouts. A short-sleeve camp t-shirt* will be included in the registration fee and provided to the girls on the first day of camp. We ask that the girls wear this shirt to camp each day for identification purposes (expect to wash it frequently). Alterations to the camp shirt will not be permitted. Girls may also wear long pants or shorts that hit just above the knee (NO “short-shorts” or bare shoulders). Durable shoes with closed toes and laces and long socks are required (i.e. sneakers or hiking boots – No sandals, clogs, crocs or flip-flops). Please apply sunscreen and insect repellant before arriving at camp.
*Camp T-shirt: T-shirts are included in the registration fee for each camper (including Pixies). Be sure to order the correct size at the bottom of the “Camper Information Sheet.” Once t-shirts are ordered they cannot be returned or exchanged.
I have other questions – who can I contact?
Take a look at our other FAQ pages first, but you are always welcome to call the full Sonoma Day Camp Crew at our voicemail line 707-205-1233 and we’ll call you back within 72 hours. Want a possibly faster response – email us your question at SonomaGSDayCamp@gmail.com