Required Forms for C.I.T. Program (Girls entering 8th-12th grade)
Sonoma Day Camp CIT REGISTRATION PACKET
Mandatory Important C.I.T. Training Dates for 2015
If you are applying to be a C.I.T. you must commit to the following dates and times. Please note – these are NOT optional. Your fellow C.I.T. team is counting on you.
- Monday, April 20th from 6-8pm: Songs at Scout Shout Campfire, Altimira Middle School, Sonoma
- Friday, May 15th from 5:30-8:30pm: Training & Assignments, St Andrew Presbyterian Church, Sonoma
- Saturday, June 6th from 9am-4pm: CIT Training and Pool Party + BBQ, Sonoma
- Saturday, June 13 from 9am-4pm: Training, Dunbar School, Glen Ellen
- Sunday, June 14 at 3pm: Arrive at camp with all your stuff (see packing list), Dunbar School, Glen Ellen
- Friday, June 19 at 5pm: Excused at 5pm – NO EARLY PICK-UPS! Parents asked to arrive at 3pm to help clean up C.I.T. Unit.
C.I.T.’s pay a discounted flat fee to attend camp. While they spend the day developing their leadership skills, the evenings are all about fun and learning new skills. Once 4pm rolls around, their program time begins. This is where the C.I.T.’s make friendships that will last a lifetime and are able to participate in programming that is designed just for their age level.
The C.I.T. program is designed for Scouts going into 8th through 12th grade in fall of the upcoming school year. These Girl Scouts will have a full week long program that will teach them how to be a successful program aide, camp counselor in training and to further develop their leadership skills. This unit is open to Senior or Ambassador Girl Scouts who will be given the opportunity to acquire and develop leadership skills; develop communication and teaching skills; work with the younger girls in the GS program and enrich the program for younger Girl Scouts.
C.I.T.’s develop relationships with the campers that last well beyond camp each year.
As a C.I.T., you will receive several trainings prior to Camp where you will learn about the needs of children in a camp setting and have opportunities to expand your leadership skills. Along the way you will establish lifelong friends, challenge yourself, mentor young Girl Scouts and make memories that will never fade!
The younger campers will love you, the adults won’t be able to stop singing your praise, and camp would not be the same without the incredible C.I.T.’s. Think about joining the C.I.T. Program, you won’t be disappointed!